Just because we're working hard on our end, doesn't mean you don't have to.
Please make sure you are fit to travel when you come on the trips. We're not talking elite athletes but still capable of holding a steady (slow or fast) pace all day with a moderate to heavy pack. If you feel the pack weight is a large restriction, contact us about having a porter or guide carry equipment for an extra fee.
At the start of the trip we'll take ~2 hours to sort gear, go over the trip, pack efficiently and divvy out group gear. Please make sure your pack can accommodate group gear and please double/triple check that you've come prepared with items on the list. Have questions? Contact us!
Each trip will have specific equipment on the list, so be sure to check the trip info page. However, here is a generic list of equipment for all our expeditions that you can then add or subtract from depending on the trip. All clothing should be synthetic or merino wool. No cotton.
- Sun hat
- Warm hat or toque
- Bug net or shirt (optional)
- Rain shell
- Primary warm insulating layer
- Secondary insulating layer
- Base layer shirt (1 or 2)
- Thermal shirt (optional)
- Sports Bra (female)
- Light gloves
- Rain pants (recommended)
- Hiking pants with belt
- Light shorts, tights or thermals (optional)
- Underwear (2-3 pairs/week)
- Sleeping socks (light)
- Hiking socks (2 pairs, heavy)
- Gaitors (recommended)
- Sturdy Hiking boots (broken in already!)
- Sturdy camp footwear (recommended)
- Sleeping pad
- -5C Sleeping bag w/ stuff sack (synthetic insulation recommended for Coast trips)
- Light inflatable pillow or stuff sack (optional)
- Large pack (60L for adult trips, 80L for outdoor education trips)
- Garbage compactor bag or pack rain-cover
- Hiking pole (at least 1 is highly recommended)
- Sun glasses
- Multitool (optional)
- Food container, lunch bag and utensils
- Water bottle (2L capacity- we provide water purification tablets)
- Bug repellent (optional)
- Personal blister/first aid kit
- female hygiene products (we highly recommend Diva cups to avoid waste)**
- Camera (optional)
*Some trips do not use toilet paper for environmental reasons.
**Any female hygiene products must be packed out if burning is not possible.
Please make sure to be able to coordinate your own travel logistics to our meeting place. This may mean air travel or driving to the trailhead. Don't worry, all road will be 2wd accessible and we'll help you coordinate carpooling. Contact us if you need extra help coordinating travel.
We look forward to having you on the trail!