Outdoor Education Expeditions
For ages 17 to 27, these young adult trips provide an extraordinary experience for those willing to step into the unknown. Guided by professionals in outdoor education, a safe learning environment for skills to be learnt and developed such as cooking, navigation & route finding, etc. In addition, environmental education is a big part of the expeditions with plenty of time for reflection, introspection and the ipsoot (hidden) journey
Direct the course of the trip. Learn and practice skills. go the route less travelled.
- Good fitness is required. You will be expected to travel 5-10km per day on or off trail with up to 800m of elevation gain in a day
- You might be required to carry up to ~60lbs in an 80L pack with food and gear (depends on body size).
- Ability to move over varied terrain on and off trail.
- Tolerance for the uncertainty of the natural world (bugs, rain, river crossings, etc.).
Benefits of OE Trips
- Learn and practice essential backcountry skills
- Challenge yourself and find personal growth in the experience.
- Build an expedition community with peers
- Go the route less travelled
- Lower cost
- Trip cancellation insurance
- Personal equipment
- Transportation to meeting area
- Special dietary items
- 5% GST Tax
2018 Available Scheduled Trips
Every year you'll new trips with different variety of climates and areas in our various locations.