How to begin... Canada's north is the land of the midnight sun; where caribou roam and legends let fly. Gold rush history, beaver damns, big peaks and even bigger valleys. The alpine tundra and winding rivers make visiting North America's Northern region a must but you'll come away with highlights that will no-doubt surprise you.
Environmental topics include:
- Glacier geomorphology & erosional processes
- Grizzly alpine food sources
- Mountain wild edibles
- Tundra landforms
- Mountain Hydrology
- Wildlife tracking
- Aquatic ecosystems
- Climate change and the alpine
- Northern light process
Our favourite Northern locations include:
- Kluane National Park
- Tombstone Range
- Kusuwa Lake Area
- Tatshenshini Area
- Haines Pass Boundary Ranges
Learning topics include:
- Hunting and traditional subsistence
- Canadian Gold rush history
- Traditional grease trails and trade
- Local First Nation current affairs.
- Robert Service poems
Inquire about custom trips for other Northern locations such as:
- Baffin Island
- Ellesmere Island
- Nahanni National Park
- Wrangel-St Elias National Park
This 10 day Yukon hike is spent along the fantastic vistas of Kusuwa Lake in traditional Kwanlin Dun and Carcross/Tagish First Nations territory. $1700 CAD full price plus tax. Inquire about dates.
6 spots available.
Place a 20% ($340) deposit to book your spot.